2008年2月7日 星期四

2008 Chinese New Year Eve Family Dinner

Traditionally every Chinese wife should cook for the whole family during Chinse New Year Eve.  Chester, my husband, knows me so well and said, "Olga's strength is not at home.  I knew this from day one I met her."  Therefore, I never cook for them for over 10 years.  It's not becuase I never tried.  I did buy a lot of cook books and made several dishes and I thought Chester and my sons should appreciate this.  But, after they tried, they said, "Please!  don't cook anymore".   Because my mother in law is a geat cook.  They become so picky on food.  That's a good execuse that I do not need to do this job anymore including Chinese New Year Eve.

See the following photo.  This is my "mother in law".  She is like an angle to me.  Without her, I can never become what I am today.  She does everything that a monther should do for my twins.  Yesterday she was cooking "hot pot" and some of her home-made Zeh Jiang dishes.   

My mother in law is very short and tiny.  When she's standing in front of the stove, she looks so cute.  See, the following photo is when she is stiring the home made sweet pork. 

 

As a "daughter in law", I should still "DO SOMETHING".  So I went out and buy some "take out" New Year Eve Dishes like these.........................................................

 

See the old lady in red in the kitchen at the left of this photo?  She is cooking but she cooks very slow.  Chester and Tom are studying together at the dinner table.

Then Chester and twins stopped reading and watched TV.  No body is hungry now.  But, she would still keep on asking, "are you hungry?".  No one answered.  She sat there and waited and waited.   The following photos is what I called "My Sweet Family". 

 

OK.  Now everyone said "Yes, we are hungry".  Then, she started setting the table.




See the two glasses of milk? They are for my twins.  They are 15 only.    We adult drink wine and they twins use milk to cheer with each other.  You can't see them because they don't let me to take photos for them.  ................(Sigh....)



沒有留言:

張貼留言